Monday, August 29, 2011

Ran out of work at work: now blogging

I am frustrated because I am so stressed about my upcoming trip that I can not focus on anything creative.

"there's a fly in here the size of Rambo!" - co-worker

And when I cannot be creative I feel worthless and uninteresting. That kills me.

I was looking through friends on fb, and realized that some of my loser friends, shock, were still losers. But then there were some that seem to have a good handle on their shit. I looked at my profile in comparison to their's. Now, I feel like I am a cool person with my shit together. However, when looking at my profile I realized it is mis-represtentational. It looks the same as it did in high school when I really didn't have my shit together. I just look like some maybe above average nobody flying under the radar of life. And I can't stand this.

I feel like, since Facebook is so public and it is really a representation of you, it should show you, the real you, who you are in person. However, evil "future employers" and "network connections" and "grandparents" also look at your profile and heaven forbid they see anything untoward! I'm tired of these "people" interupting my online fun and making it formal and mis-representational.

No. you can not show what a wild partying fun person you are because your "future employer" doesn't someone who has fun on the weekends to work for them.
No. you can't dye your hair a strange color or show pictures on your profile of a somewhat embarrassing, yet fun adventure with your friends because your "network connections" will write you off and never recommend you or worse call you weird.
No. you can not come out as a lady lovin lesbian on your profile because your "grandmother" might see it and send angry emails to all the relatives asking A: that you be ostrasized from the family (hey, they never liked you anyway!) or B: asking for donations to send you to their crazy church's sister institution to try and un-gay you.

Therefore we all have to settle for an anonymous blog where we rant and rave about the injustices on the interwebzz, just because a few sissies can't handle the people that are different from them. What a drag.

I might make an alter ego for myself in which I appear to be this awesome power destined female who already has her foot in the door of the work world. But then, my hatred of lyers and hypocrites stands in the way of my identity makeover.

I am quite awesome, I swear, I don't have to lie. However, I feel like I already am by leaving stuff off my profile in order to make it "public proof". Delimas

No comments:

Post a Comment