Friday, July 26, 2013

that style... but it drives you insane







So, this outfit drove me insane for a few months because I got the pieces in December and then had to wait for warmer weather to come around.The skirt is American Apparel, obvi on sale b/c no one really wants to wear that color. Well, it's popular in pants, but I don't think it's catching onto other garments. Anywho, it's different and I like that. 
I got the tank at Gabes, duh. Gabes has a way of carrying lots of questionable clothing. I think the word "ratchet" comes to mind to describe it best. The kind of clothing that takes advantage of the cut-out and sheer trends, but not in a classy lux kinda way, if you get my drift here. I came across this tank and thought, ew, chinzy lace. Then I was like, wtf, circus yellow stripes?! And then I was like
HELL YEAH
and bought it, even though errbody be judgin.
I just had a feeling it would come in handy for some out landish hipster outfit, the ones that throw together odd and kinda ugly clothing together, hoping their swagger will pull it together. People who think street style is anyone who looks strange really like that thing. 

I was actually going to cut the lace out of the back and make it backless, but my lack of sewing skills and my fam discouraged me from doing that. I hate the lace hangin at the bottom, hence my choice of high-waisted things to wear with this tank.

Can you believe I've had those sandals since soph year of high school? Like, seven years ago??

No comments:

Post a Comment