Thursday, October 18, 2012

Bowtie? Check.


Only now, while androgyny is in style, can I get away with this and have people telling me how fashionable I look. My family would probably just tell me how I look "butch" and "manly", but they don't understand. I don't dress this way to look like a lesbian, I dress this way because it is fashionable and because I like to look as androgynous as is possible for me. Sorry fam, there are better ways of looking like a lesbian. Granted, not many.

sorry about the beaming eyes in the closet, it's just my running shoes, I guess they were at just the right angle to catch the flash.
Also, do the way suspenders cross in the back irk you if not done right? See, mine are crossing too low and it is bugging me. Just wondering if this is just me.
 
What I mean to say is that my family is by no means uber fashionable, much less do they know what is fashionable. Also they think that lesbians are supposed to look butch-like. Yeah, apparently we live in the stone age. Sooo glad I don't live at home!


Haha, ignore the mess around me, I was having trouble getting pics that looked good this day and was playing around with different settings.


So, androgynous dressing is in style. I just read in the NYTimes how the guy who just took over designing at Yves Saint Laurent was designing at Dior Homme (menswear) in the early 2000s and started the skinny pants trend for both men and women. With menswear. Cool huh? apparently he was irked that his designs were being worn or replicated by and for women. rat. 
Well, I'm sorry to say my womanly assets do not lend well to the androgynous frame, but I still think I look strapping. 
Androgyny rules!

No comments:

Post a Comment