Wednesday, October 10, 2012

bury me upside down

Gosh I look super white here. I mean because my skin looks like it's lacking in sun exposure, not because my outfit is "white". idk maybe it is. I feel it might be a little decade referencing.
Pretty much all of this is vintage. Not super cheap like usual, but I feel every girl needs a deep red crushed velvet dress in her wardrobe : ) The boots were just... ah, I couldn't pass them up.
I searched high and low for dark vests to wear over this dress because it just needs a little extra to tone down the flamboyancy of this dress. I originally thought I'd never find a black vest because they're not in style. Silly me, don't I know that the easiest things to find are the things that are not in style (especially relevant to thrift shopping)! Vests are in style right now, but the "I cut the arms off what would otherwise be a perfectly usable jacket so I could make my high waist shorts and baggy t-shirt look cool" is the kind of vest everyone is vibing now. So, I thought I'd look for a jacket I could dye and cut the arms off as much as I hate making functional things less functional. Well, If I didn't run into a box of vests before I got to the jackets and found, like, 5 perfect vests in all different colors and styles. Most importantly I found this dark gray one that fit exactly, color-wise, what I had in mind to go with this dress.
Listen to this song I'm obsessed with, I feel like it fits the suave hippie look I have going:
I hate the music video though, just close your eyes and listen, the music video has the best sound.

No comments:

Post a Comment