Monday, October 8, 2012

Don't worry, be happy...Outfest 2012


Guys, there is a gay/lesbian masters swim team in philly. To say I am tickled to death is an understatement. I love swimming and I love gay people (duh).You know what else tickles me? Seeing my views spike after publishing a post after a bit of a break. That means I have followers and they are following me! Possibly. Either that or I have an obsessive stalker! :O

Hello, I wore this to Outfest Philly 2012. If you saw me, you should have given me a hug cuz I was having a shitty day.
First of all, I hate the cold. I'm one of those people who freaks out and grabs her winter jacket the minute the thermometer hits 60.
Second, my professor had persuaded me to go visit a site (related to my thesis) and the only day I could do it was the morning before Outfest. Yoes, this site is in Nicetown. If any y'all know where that is, I had to ride the BSL to Erie and walk there. This trustworthy wikipedia article details how this is an area known for its open air recreational drug dealing. I was all... Pssshhh, wiki editors are racist and scared. HEEEELLLAA they were right! DAMN. I got off the train, walked up to the street and thought I was on the set of one of those inspirational "he dug himself out of the ghetto by his ingenious and determination" movies. Except it wasn't a set and there were all sorts of youngish guys hangin around with their hands in their pockets and shit. I was like, hmmm, day off work, this is how errbody spends it. BUT IT WAS RAINING. Okay, so I didn't approach anyone and no one approached me so I'm not 100% sure, but this is one college story I won't be sharing with the fam at Christmas time.
So, after doing all that and finding the site was closed and I was interupting some tighknit black community's church time, I took the train down to Center City to meet with friends who said their plan was to be at Outfest at 12. >: /
My plan was to leave at 2. Guess when they all showed up? Yeah... 2.
So I spent 2 hours walking around in the cold drizzle by myself. Hugs were needed.
And DAMN I looked hella good.

No comments:

Post a Comment