Saturday, April 7, 2012

Hipster Central


*I'm not smiling in any of these pics because I wanted to look like the uber hipster I was trying to be. I was smiling all day, wearing this outfit was so much fun! The skirt billows in the wind and makes me feel like a fashion princess cascading down the path.

I haven't shown off this wonderful vintage find yet on my blog. This wonderful skirt I found in a Florentine vintage shop that was having a sort of open house and I had been asked to hang around the store in some of the vintage clothes. Sounds hard right? So much fun! Anyway, while I was waiting for someone else to change, I was thumbing through clothes and literally threw this from the rack. I was that excited, I dropped it. I dropped that chiffon breeze of perfection on the floor.

Nevermind my clumsiness. The important part is that I found the skirt. I had been seeing pleats and see throughness online for a while and had been thinking, "wow, it'd be great to find a see-through pleated maxi skirt!" combo of all things good and in fashion at the moment. Well duh, I'd find such an item in Firenze, Italia! A bit pricey, but so worth it.

Anyway, this particular bit of fashion godliness is bound to go out of fashion after next fall, so I got to wear it as much as I can now!



I also stenciled the tank top underneath myself. I am a softie for sugar skulls, as previously stated, and stenciling one on an already derelict tank seemed perfect.



And what makes every outfit better, even if it was already .1% away from perfection?! THE CROPPED JEAN JACKET, DUH! Now it is 100% perfection.

No comments:

Post a Comment