Sunday, April 1, 2012

Tattoo tights... what a way to get attention


Cool pic, eh?

So I wanted to make some tights like the ones I saw on the runway in Jean Paul Gautier's spring show. So I went out and got me some ivory tights, and thought, "hey, I could totally do that with sharpie, right?". I had to admit defeat on this one. The Asian theme tattoos on Gaultier's were just way out of my drawing capabilities. Plus, I didn't have the right colored sharpies. I just have really bright ones!

I decided to do some really tasteful looking Mexican style ones, you know, the ones people later look at say "Oh those looks soooo nice, very creative!" but in their heads they're thingking "Not in a millionyears!" I'm also a softie for sugar skull design anything, and putting them on my legs was just too tempting. I should let you all know now too, that fabric markers and basic outlines would have been a much easier and lasting way to do this.

I stretched each leg over a piece of carboard no where near the size of my leg size and free handed from printed pics of other people's awesome tattoos. This ensured that the images would appear stretched and not like actual tattoos at all when worn. I then free handed some tattoos I liked from the internet onto one leg. On the other leg I made up some shit. I usually fuck up every gun I draw, but this one turned out pretty nice, I made it shoot out "Love Bandit" (something I saw on a Hello Kitty shirt in Times Square), but that didn't turn out so nice b/c it bled a lot.


I think the roses turned out the best. Maybe I'll do this again, but with a different color tights and with fabric markers. Only roses.

No comments:

Post a Comment