Sunday, March 25, 2012

80s beachy grunge?


I made this shirt (the black one) last summer, but I didn't have time to wear it around, besides the house. I wore it in Assisi too, but it was too hot to be wearing black. bleh. I wore it this day because it was going to be hot, but not get hot til later in the day, so the blackness of the shirt helped warm me up in the early part of the day. I can never pass up an opportunity to wear my ugly black boots with shorts just because it looks so edgy and everyone (by everyone I mean a few ppl) always tells me (much later after meeting me) that their first impression of me was that I was "cool". I think this is because of the boots... and my obvious SWAGGA! The tank top underneath is a meshy "intimates" (pajama) top that I got at Gabes (Gabriel Brothers) for cheap and feels so cool and slinky... and is almost not see-through, but if you're cold ;) it totally is. I just so happened to get lucky and the straps are red and I have a red convertible bra, Wha-la, you hardly notice!


So, the shirt I got inspiration from a free people top I saw in their catalog. If you know something about t-shirt laddering, what I did should be pretty obvious. I basically cut slits down the whole the front of an already over-sized shirt and then laddered the slits twice. It doesn't fit so well, and looks sloppy, and the bottom curls up... but I still get compliments on it? So I'll continue to wear it... for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment