Friday, March 16, 2012

Warm day, halleluiah!


So, I had planned on wearing this wicked cool outfit this day, but, much to my ire, the weather was outrageously gorgeous so I decided to go with something different. I had just finished cutting and sewing this number up, and was not opposed to wearing it. However, I had kind of planned on wearing white pants with it. IT WAS 75 DEGREES OUTSIDE! I couldn't wear pants. That was just not an option. And, really, who am I kidding, I fucking love wearing shorts! I crave the times when I can just slip on a simple pair of never washed cut offs and go dancing off through a sun dappled meadow. okay, well minus the sun dappled meadow bit. I'm more a city girl anyway. So I picked out my super tight, go to black shorts. Hey, I can be lazy every once and a while, right? So I picked out those and then needed shoes, toyed with the idea of wearing my boots. Decided it was too warm to wear those too. Picked out my semi-gladiator sandals and pesto, I had an outfit.


Okay, so this shirt is another story itself. I had originally seen some girl wearing a brown tank top in the Barcelona metro that was fringed all up the sides and sleeves. Of course I stared at it for a good few minutes to come up with how I could make one for myself. Seemed easy enough. I acquired the shirt in a second hand shop in Florence (yes, they exist) for 1 euro determined to fringe it up. It was a XXL and made all soft and comfy through what I can only imagine what was years and years of man sweat and love. I cut up the sides first of course without thinking what I was doing and so had to go by those lines for sewing. I sewed it backwards and got the fringe caught on the inside of the shirt. So... I gave up. I left it in a pile and stuffed it into my suitcase to finish at home. So, I took it out this spring break and knew what I had to do. It took some work (more than I thought) and I got that sucker all hand stitched up (b/c jersey is a bitch (the fabric, not the state)), and cut up the sleeves and made it beautiful.

Oh, and it was cold a bit, so I wore my jean jacket over it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment